About Synaptic Digital
Synaptic Digital, a Definition 6 Company (www.synapticdigital.com) helps brands tell their stories across earned, owned and paid media through newsworthy, informative video. General Motors, Honda, Procter & Gamble, American Express, GlaxoSmithKline, Siemens, Intel, NATO, Ericsson and others rely on our expert video services, targeted multimedia news releases, narrative marketing, digital media centers, and thenewsmarket.com, the world’s largest content exchange for journalists and influencers, to connect with their audiences in measurable ways. We are privately held with offices in New York, London, Ahmedabad, Beijing, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Mumbai, Munich, San Francisco and Washington, DC.
We have an immediate opening for a Broadcast and Post Production Engineer with strong Television broadcast and shared-storage post production experience to be based out of our New York, NY office.
The Engineer selected will be responsible for supporting all facets of a Television studio with Live broadcast capabilities. This includes fiber connectivity for satellite transmissions, daily distribution via satellite, IP and multiple other channels, and training for all users on the systems. This position also manages the shared-storage post production facilities which include both Avid and Final Cut systems. The Engineer is expected to have superior knowledge of file formats and encoding/ compression specifications which is crucial to the smooth running of the facility. In addition, the Engineer must have prior hands-on experience in analog as well as digital equipment.
- Ensures the TV broadcast plant is in good working order at all times. Puts in place or updates all Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for all tasks performed by others.
- Manages Master Control and all connectivity for fiber and satellite feeds including international transmissions by satellite and international fiber.
- Brings technical point of view to solution brainstorm meetings. Must be able to articulate the technical rationale for decisions into “plain English” so clients can understand the solutions we propose.
- Ensure our multiple edit rooms sharing a single storage solution are all working at peak capacity for all projects. This includes maintaining existing systems, suggesting improvements and upgrades, and managing all hardware and software licensing and version controls across both of our company sites in NYC.
- 2 – 5 years experience in a shared storage post production facility. Editshare and Isis experience a plus.
- 2 – 5 years experience in a TV studio with live broadcast capabilities. Both HD and SD transmissions experience required. Tricaster experience a plus.
- Must have extensive hands-on experience in file formats and transcoding of file formats. Must include HD, SD, anamorphic, dedicated transcode systems as well as Sorenson, Compressor and Episode. Telestream and AmberFin a plus.
- Think and work “outside the box” using solid and creative problem solving skills ultimately generating creative technical solutions for complex problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, a teamwork centric work style, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational skills.
- Understanding of IT as it relates to the operation of a studio and post production facility. Experience in OS installs, troubleshooting, system configurations, IP, DNS and Gateway protocols.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and a solid understanding of troubleshooting network connectivity and performance issues.
- Flexibility in the face of a dynamic and challenging client environment.
- Must also have great interpersonal skills and will use those skills to interact with production staff as well as clients.
- This position requires a flexible schedule and 24/7 availability by phone.
- Hands-on experience editing in Avid and Final Cut.
- Hands-on experience in Technical Directing live broadcasts and webcasts.
- Experience in camera operations, lighting and audio also a plus.
- Working knowledge of Cisco routing, switching, VPN and firewalls.
- Avid ACSR, knowledge of Premiere and Matrox Max hardware are a plus.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to SynapticEngineer@synapticdigital.com