Job Description & Duties:
Synaptic Digital seeks a Media Relations Manager who will focus his or her energies on our digital video news platform, thenewsmarket.com. With over 36,000 media outlets subscribing across the world thenewsmarket.com is the world’s largest news video content exchange connecting brands such as Intel, General Motors and Novartis with broadcast and online media around the world. The media manager will be responsible for engaging existing media subscribers and opening new press relationship through positioning and pitching our latest content to the media. The media manager will also be responsible for gathering product feedback from journalists and working with our technology team to tweak the platform accordingly to optimize performance.
Duties will include:
• Drive community engagement amongst current media subscribers and new outlets
• Identify opportunities to take existing content and create editorial driven themed video packages for media on the site (surrounding earnings announcements, trade shows, events such as Earth Day, etc.,)
• Reviewing client content posted to thenewsmarket.com and preparing relevant media pitches that will attract journalists to that content
• Contacting registered journalists in an effort to increase their overall use of our site’s content
• Contacting unregistered journalists in an effort to encourage their registration and use of the site’s content
• Analyzing site performance and user engagement to optimize media use
• Assisting the internal technology teams to ensure that journalistic content is prominently and appropriately displayed in a timely manner
• Perform quality assurance on stories to match best practices guidelines for consistent grammar, styling and keywords.
• Perform quality assurance on all multimedia displays in line with client requests and for optimal journalist usage
• Editorial or public relations experience is ideal.
• Strong passion for the media industry with strong integrity and ethics
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and analytical
• Highly organized, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Understand how to translate analytical data into practical solutions
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Creativity and innovation with a global perspective
• Online social media experience is valued
• Bachelors degree
• 1 to 3 years relevant work experience
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put: Media Relations, NY and Your name in the subject line.