Job Description & Duties: Synaptic Digital seeks a methodical, execution-focused release engineer to provide production support, release management, tool creation and database reporting.
If you seek an IT Support position, this is not the right role for you. If you possess a unique blend of software development and end-user support experience, then we are interested to review your background. The position reports into the Director, Engineering, and be responsible for the following:
- Production Support – Reliably support and maintain client and TNM department requests. Oversee managed services, including and not limited to security, backup, and resource usage. Troubleshoot site, application bottlenecks and perform/coordinate routine maintenance. Recommend system improvements.
- Release Management – Manage high visibility site releases, including pre/post-release communication, vendor and partner coordination, planned troubleshooting. Deploy .NET source code and SQL server code/binaries to multiple servers. Create, set up, and recommend release and change management procedures.
- Ad-hoc tool creation – Develop ad-hoc applications and execute database scripts to automate release, support and monitoring processes.
- Ad-hoc database reporting – As per business function, create ad-hoc reports by creating and executing SQL queries.
- 2+ years’ experience in software release management to high-visibility websites. Applied know-how on release procedures.
- 1+ year experience in SQL server query creation and execution.
- 1+ year experience with ASP.NET and SQL Server deployment.
- Maintain Microsoft VSS.
- 2+ years’ experience in highly-visible and evolving application maintenance.
- Familiarity managing IIS, SQL Server 2005 and ASP.NET web applications.
- Ideal candidate: high attention to deadlines, detail, procedures, analytics, execution, and effective communication.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attention Jeffrey Chang.