Job Description & Duties: Synaptic Digital seeks an editor and team player to manage our “newsrooms.” Newsrooms are our platforms such as thenewsmarket.com and MediaCentre, a program utilized by some of the world’s leading brands. The platforms editor will work the US news day shift (noon-10pm EST) and be responsible for the following:
- Collaborate with the technical operations team to prioritize and assign incoming client stories based on protest and news relevance.
- Manage thenewsmarket.com site user experience to ensure journalistic content is prominently displayed.
- Perform quality assurance on all stories to match best practices guidelines for consistent grammar, styling and keywords.
- Perform quality assurance on all multimedia displays in line with client requests for optimal journalist usage.
- Perform quality assurance on host client sites to ensure web content taxonomy meets client criteria.
Analyze site performance and user engagement to optimize media use.
- Facilitate media outlets to find content on the sites.
- Strong passion for the media industry with strong integrity and ethics.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent, customer focused, and tight time management acumen.
- Detail-oriented and analytical.
- Highly organized, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Understand how to translate analytical data into practical solutions.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online equivalents. Prior use of Microsoft Sharepoint a plus.
- Creativity and innovation with a global perspective.
- Editorial or public relations experience is ideal.
- Online social media experience is valued.
- Bachelors degree.
- 3 to 5 years relevant work experience.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attention Jeffrey Chang.