Synaptic Digital seeks a Director of Online Media Relations to lead the Media Relations team. To increase thenewsmarket.com’s and other digital properties’ reach and usage, this person must have the newsroom experience utilizing relevant online platforms and tools. The person in this job will compile, direct and manage the company’s data analyses to raise awareness of and increase the usage of digital platforms and products.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase Synaptic Digital clients’ content distribution.
- Serve as a key media authority and source of strategic guidance for internal groups by providing marketplace updates.
- Hold strong relationships with and thoroughly understand the business of all media distributors to maximize the value of Synaptic Digital clients’ digital media products.
Be a thought and business leader for strategic development.
- Communicate current industry trends on business models, deal terms, strategic partnerships & marketing, and other competitive products.
- Work with the team to develop clients’ social media strategies and initiatives.
- Work with the team to build relationships and engage communities, online media and key influencers.
- Develop and maintain a relationship and database with key influencers in multimedia curation at top tier media outlets.
- Review and endorse media advisories to optimize the pitching of stories and platform(s).
- Help track, compile, and interpret statistics to evaluate platform usage and support plans to improve metrics.
- Plan outreach initiatives and station visits to incorporate the platform into standard newsroom usage channels.
- Savvy, driven, energetic, and committed to direct and develop new Synaptic Digital opportunities.
- Extremely organized and disciplined as a strategic thinker and a deadline driven, tactical implementer.
- Attention to detail and strong writing skills are a must.
- Proven track record managing relationships.
- Extremely competent across the digital media ecosystem.
- Broadcast, cable and online distribution experience are required.
- Editorial judgment and experience a must (i.e. – identify appropriate story distribution channels on a story-by-story basis).
- International media experience is highly desirable.
- Impeccable team communication skills are required.
- Prepared to participate in a speaker circuit.
- Project management skills desirable.
- 8-10 years of professional experience in news and media relations.
- Online social media experience is highly valued.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and online equivalents.
- Intelligence, quantitative acumen, and creativity.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help to build a team in a new and evolving marketplace.
- Strong attention to detail, comfort with statistics, and professional demeanor.
- BA/BS degree.
To apply, please send your resume, writing sample and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Jeffrey Chang.