The Software Release Engineer reports to the Director, Engineering.
The position is based in Ahmedabad, India.
- Release Management- manage releases to high-visibility sites, including pre/post-release communication, coordination of vendors/partners, troubleshooting and planning; take complete responsibility for deployment of .NET source code and SQL server code/binaries to multiple servers; create/set up/recommend release management/change management processes.
- Code Configuration Management- complete responsibility for maintaining, backing up, and validating source code repositories; work in conjunction with other teams to enforce/sustain configuration management processes; recommend improvements to software or maintenance processes; perform periodic audits to validate the configuration management processes are being followed by all parties.
- Production Support – support and maintenance of requests from clients and/or other departments within TNM. Overseeing management and reporting of security, backup, resource usage and other managed services. Troubleshooting problems with site and applications and performing/coordinating to regular maintenance activities. Recommend improvements to system.
- Tool and script development – Develop tools, ad-hoc applications, scripts as required from time to time to aid in automating release, support and monitoring processes.
- 3+ years experience in release management of software to high-visibility websites with knowledge of release processes.
- 2+ years experience with ASP.NET deployment and SQL Server deployment.
- Experience with maintaining Microsoft VSS.
- 2+ years experience supporting/maintaining fast-changing, high-visibility applications.
- Knowledge of managing IIS, SQL Server 2005, 2008 and ASP.NET web applications.
- Should display high attention to detail, be deadline oriented, and posses excellent analytical and communication skills.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Jeffrey Chang.