The Software Engineer reports to the Director, Engineering. This is a challenging position that offers complete experience in all aspects of software development with an emphasis on building and maintaining reporting applications and owning reporting data. The candidate is expected to be able to create, maintain reporting applications, handle adhoc reporting requests, perform different activities including development, research, supporting application issues and recommend new technologies / solutions relating to reporting and data.
Experience working with reports related applications would be a plus.
The position is based in Ahmedabad, India.
- Design, develop, maintain and own all reporting applications including those built on Crystal Reports, and using data from multiple data sources such as web logs, web analytics (Omniture, Google analytics, etc.)
- Generate reports and provide data analysis as required.
- Research and create prototypes using new technologies and methodologies for reporting and other applications.
- Participate in all phases of software development including design, development, testing, deployment and support.
Qualifications / qualities:
- 2-3 years’ experience in overall software development activities with demonstrated experience of application development.
- Strong SQL skills with demonstrated experience in creating and managing complex queries, schemas, triggers, etc.
- Experience with Crystal Reports would be desirable.
- Experience with web analytics software (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc) is desirable.
- Should display close attention to detail, be deadline oriented and be able to work independently.
- Should possess excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Maria Esquea.