The Lead Software Engineer reports to the Director, Engineering. This is a challenging position that offers complete experience in all aspects of software development with an emphasis on building and maintaining diverse applications in advanced web technologies. The candidate is expected to be able to create, maintain web and middle tier applications, perform different activities including design, development, and research, undertake code reviews, performance tuning work, etc.
The position is based in Ahmedabad, India.
- Research new technologies, new solutions, and lead development activities.
- Supervise technical implementations, be able to review code and design, ensure that development happens according to established processes of code quality.
- Be able to participate and lead diverse activities such as performance tuning, security analysis, application design, etc.
- Participate in all phases of software development including design, development, testing, deployment and support.
Qualifications / qualities:
- 6 to 10 years’ experience in overall software development activities.
- Should have 2-3 years designing and building applications in both Agile and non-Agile processes. Experience using well-known architectural patterns is a plus.
- Should be able to lead initiatives, be deadline oriented, be able to work independently and coordinate work with external and internal teams.
- Knowledge and experience of estimation processes, project management practices etc. would be desirable.
- Experience working with global teams will be highly desirable.
- Should possess excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Maria Esquea.