adidas worked with Synaptic Digital to design and power its global online newsroom to serve the needs of today’s brand audiences – the global media, news influencers, fans and internal stakeholders.
The site is anchored by robust multimedia materials that can be downloaded instantly in all available formats for media and consumer use. adidas extended the socially-enabled global site across all key brand categories – Performance, Originals and Style and incorporated translation features to make the content available across 19 additional country sites including the US, France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Russia, China and Japan.
- Extend the site to adidas’ other brand categories ‘Style’ & ‘Originals.’
- Introduce multilingual country versions with simple inter-site content management in order to create a consistent user experience and look and feel across local market sites.
- Facilitate alignment of adidas earned, owned and paid campaigns.
Deployed in 5 months, NEWS STREAM is accessed as the ‘press’ link on the footer of www.adidas.com and country sites.
- Global site plus versions for US, France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Russia, China, Japan, Switzerland, South Africa, Romania, Poland, New Zealand, Latin America, Greece and Bulgaria.
- Simple navigation across all adidas brand segments and microsites.
- Story packs combine relevant press releases, images, video clips, social media content and contacts on one page. Multimedia can be easily embedded, shared and downloaded.
- SEO URLs and web pages
- Deep integration of YouTube, Twitter, Facebook (+ LinkedIn soon)
- New stories are additionally promoted on thenewsmarket.com, Synaptic Digital’s content exchange that reaches 30,000 media outlets and digital influencers in 190 countries
Within 2 weeks of the launch we saw:
- 13,000 unique visitors
- 1,000 videos downloaded
- 2,000 stills downloaded
- 75 countries reached
- 300 social media shares
This contributed to increased adidas share of voice in traditional, online and social media during and after the launch of the global ‘all adidas’ campaign and helped to increase coverage and strengthen media relations in local markets