The Society for New Communications Research (http://www.sncr.org), a global nonprofit research and education foundation and think tank focused on the latest developments in new media and communications, announced the winners of the 2010 SNCR Excellence in New Communications Awards at the 5th Annual SNCR Research Symposium & Awards Gala held at Stanford University on November 4 – 5, 2010.
The Society’s prestigious awards program honors individuals, corporations, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions, and media outlets that are pioneering the use of social media and Internet communications technologies (ICT) in the areas of business, media, journalism and professional communications, entertainment, education, social initiatives, government and politics.
Awards were granted in six divisions: Corporate, Government, Media, Nonprofit/NGO, Academic, and Technology Innovation, and in eight categories. The top winners include:
- Collaboration & Co-creation Category: American Red Cross with Zoetica
- External Online Communities Category: NetApp
- Influencer Relations Category: Eloqua
- Online Reputation Management Category: Network Solutions, Corporate Division; Synaptic Digital, Technology Innovation Division
- Online Audio / Video Category: Cisco Systems
- Social Data Measurement: SAS with KDPaine & Partners
- Online Publishing / Blogging Category: Stanford University School of Medicine Office of Communication & Public Affairs, Academic Division; Goodwill Industries, Inc., Nonprofit Division; Seven Towns with 360 Public Relations for the You CAN Do The Rubik’s Cube campaign, Corporate Division; and Sacramento Press, Media Division
- Integrated Initiatives / Use of Multiple Platforms: Survivors Connect, Nonprofit Division and Dorel Juvenile Group with 360 Public Relations, Corporate Division